Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thanks Mom

Before I came to college I was a quite girl with hardly any friends from high school because I did not want any. I had figured why bother I'm leaving in four years anyway. problem was over the summer I decided I did not want to be like that any more. I was going to talk more and be more involved with school and my social life after all, this was a new chapter in my life. Unfortunately, my extreme shyness got in my way so I didn't bother talking to any one when I got here except for my two roommates but since I was a science major and they where Psych majors our schedules were not the same. Since they were the same I got left out of things that they ended up doing together.

So I was upset one day and feeling moody when my mother called me. It was like all of a sudden I could hold it in any longer, the tears just poured down my face. I felt so alone and I was hating my first college tests grades even though truth be told I hadn't really studied. In fact I have studied in high and I still graduated in the top 20 percent. Anyway, a day or two later I had forgotten my cell in my room and my mother called but since I didn't pick up the phone she called my room. I unfortunately was not there but one of my roommates was in the room so she picked up. When I got back from whatever it was I was at, my roomie told me my mom had called the room looking for me. Now I'm pretty good and reading people and their facial expressions and body language and right away I knew something was wrong.

I called the mother unit as soon as I stepped out of the door. It was then she told that she had a "little talk" with my roommate. I could have died the moment I heard what she said. Out of know where this anger and resentment I was feeling came pouring out of my mouth. Now I have never cursed at my mother before or since this incident, but you can say that the words f**k, s**t, and b***h came out of my mouth. I felt so betrayed by her, I have always told my mother almost every single thing I have done but this was the first time I felt I couldn't tell her anything any more. Looking back on it now though it's kinda embarrassing but it's kinda funny since I'm still friends with the girl so cursed out on the phone.

No comments: