Monday, April 28, 2008

I hate technology always and forever

Sometimes when it rains, it pours.

Today or I should say yesterday since it's after 12, one of the worst things that can happen to a college student happened to me. I was still home in NJ when around 2 pm I decided to turn on my computer and check my email real quick before I headed back to school. I turned it on as I always do and then the magical black screen suddenly came up. It told me that my computer couldn't read my Windows program and that I needed to reinsert my Windows Vista CD. Now for all of yous that don't understand what that means it means that everything I have on my hard drive is now gone. So, I put in the CD when all of a sudden the computer wouldn't even start. I went into panic mood, all that work I had done was gone and now my effing computer that isn't even one year old won't turn on.

The first thing I did was I called my mother. As soon as I heard her voice I broke down. Now I know it was foolish of me to save my work on my computer instead of a usb drive but I didn't have one so I save it on my laptop. I couldn't control myself the tears just poured out from my face, all of the work I had done was gone. Every single paper I had done that was due this week had just vanished in front of me. What professor would believe me that around 2 something my computer had given up on me. Truthfully it sounds like complete bulls**t or maybe I'm just in denial cause I don't want to believe that this is true. I have three papers due in a few hours as well as a final exam. I'm so f**ked but maybe I deserve this. Maybe I did something wrong but all I know is that I have my work cut out for me. I just needed to get this out of my chest, I really hate technology but mostly Dell.

God help me get through these next two days........

2 comments:

samm said...

all is not lost

Jesse said...

You need a guardian angel. That sounds like a nightmare; I hope it ends soon for you.